Early Education provides the Secretariat to the APPG on nursery schools, nursery and reception classes.
You can also follow @APPG_Nursery on Twitter for updates.
Chair: Lucy Powell MP
Vice-Chair: William Wragg MP
Secretary: Jack Dromey MP
Treasurer: Jess Phillips MP
If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, please login (or create a free account), go to the Subscriptions page on your account and tick "APPG" - or email us. Future meetings are planned for the following dates:
- Tuesday 24 April 2018, 2.00-4.00pm, Committee Room 14 - This meeting is fully booked.
Briefing on the Treasury Select Committee report on childcare
Papers from the meeting on 16 January 2018
- Summary of the meeting (PDF)
Papers from the meeting on Tuesday 10 October 2017
- Statement from the Minister, Robert Goodwill MP
- Presentation by Steve Wyler
- The Sutton Trust's report "Closing gaps early" by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro
- Lesley Curtis's presentation on Nursery School Teaching Schools
- Julian Grenier's paper "Collaborative quality improvement: the way forward for England's maintained nursery schools?"
Papers from previous APPG meetings
- Speech from Barbara Riddell on 27 June 2017
- Paper on academisation presented on 27 June 2017
- Briefing 24 January 2017
- Briefing November 2016
- Press release July 2016
- Briefing note from BWB on legal structures
- Press release May 2016
- Summary of meeting March 2016
State of the nation 2016: social mobility in Great Britain - report of the Social Mobility Commission, including commentary on the value of maintained nursery schools in supporting social mobility
Government plans will reallocate nursery funding from poorer to richer children – and no one seems to notice - blog by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro