This course is suitable for any practitioner working with children from birth to 5, for those new to working within this age range and for those looking to refine their practice. Each session can be booked individually, but atttending the whole series will allow you to build on your learning and include gap tasks to help you reflect and apply what the courses have covered.
Each training day will be supported by videos and photographs of children from the trainer’s current setting.
1 February 2017, London
An opportunity to discuss, explore and consider:
- Developmental needs of our youngest children
- Enabling environments
- The adult role in observing and interacting
- Progress – what does it look like? How could it be recorded?
Gap task: Choose an element of the first day you’d like to develop to bring to the next session.
24 May 2017, London
An opportunity to share and discuss your story so far. Bring a memory stick with your journey (in the form of a PowerPoint, photos, or other short presentation).
The afternoon session will be looking at early mark marking, drawing and writing:
- Exploring why, when and how children write.
- The environment and resources required to enable this to happen
- The knowledge practitioners need to know about the process of early writing
- Each training day will be supported by videos and photographs of children from the trainer’s current setting.
Gap task: Discuss with your Headteacher/Manager the next steps for development (and bring them to the next session!).
12 July 2017, London
This final session will reflect on the year as a whole, and consider the next steps for development.
Feedback from Headteachers/Managers will help form the basis of the discussion, and looking at how practice can be exemplified within your school or setting, using the following questions as provocations:
- How can your provision be developed further to follow the interests of the children in your care?
- What do you have in place currently that you would like to change?
- What will you put into place for the next cohort of children?
- There will be an opportunity to action plan for the coming year during the afternoon.
Costs and booking
Cost per course:
- Members £170, or with early bird discount (until 6 weeks before course start date) £140
- Non-members £215, or with early bird discount (until 6 weeks before course start date) £185
Book three training days at once, or three or more places on any course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3
To book, click on the linked course name above, or email email@example.com with delegate details and your purchase order number.