Page updated Spring 2018. This is a public page. This page is currently being developed....
The not-so-bold bold beginnings
Bold Beginnings has warranted much response since it was published in Nov 2017.
On this page we have attempted to collect blogs and other articles that have been released in response to the report. They are in date order and please be aware that some may differ in their opinion and pedagogy to that which Early Education principles and values promote.
- 30.11.17 'My response to Ofsted's new report on Reception teaching? Best retire now' Helen Williams, TES
- 7.12.17 Misleading messages about maths in Ofsted's bold beginnings report, says academic Sue Gifford, TES
- 18.12.17 A dialogue with ofsted on the bold beginnings report Early Education and TACTYC
- 13.12.17 Spielman: Ofsted report into Reception curriculum is 'as controversial as custard' Adi Bloom, TES
- 5.1.18 Being bold in 2018 Di Chilvers, Early Education associate and Sheffield EE branch leader
- 8.1.18 Ofsted attempts to build bridges with early-years teachers Adi Bloom (quoting Beatrice Merrick, Early Education), TES
- 11.1.18 Formal teaching: not for the likes of you The quirky teacher
- 12.1.18 Long read: The battle for Reception Helen Ward, TES
- The Bold beginnings report and other technical documents can be found on the gov.uk pages
- The reception year in action Anna Ephgrave updated 2013
- Are you ready? Good practice in school readiness Ofsted 2014
- Teaching and play in the early years - a balancing act? Ofsted 2015
- Unknown children - destined for disadvantage? Ofsted 2016