Key Times Professional Development in partnership with Early Education
Apply now for September 2017 start
Are you working with or leading provision for babies, toddlers or 2-year-olds?
Are you interested in learning more about the play, development and learning of our youngest children?
This accredited certificate programme for experienced practitioners working with 0 to 3-year-olds will
- help improve your provision for babies and young children
- further your professional expertise and career by studying at level 4, gaining credits towards a degree
On this course you will:
- explore key ideas in relation to how babies, toddlers and 2-year-olds think and learn
- share your observations, experience and learning with the other practitioners in the group
- evaluate and develop practices that support the wellbeing of 0-3 year-olds
Come to a Taster Session
If you are interested in applying and want to see what the course will entail, attend our free taster session on the 6th July 2017, running from 5pm-8pm (with tea and coffee from 4.30pm) at our office in London. Just contact us to reserve a space.
What previous students say:
“This module has really made me think about younger children in a way I never have before.”
“It has been really helpful to learn about 2-year-olds. I will be changing the room layout and the way I deal with challenging behaviour.”
“The wonderful blend of theory and practice Julia uses, engages the group to reflect on what they do.”
“I find I have more empathy towards parents since attending this course”
“Julia is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She presented the course with a good balance of talking, shared work and hand-outs.”
“Julia was able to support everyone at all levels, without making others feel left out. Her guidance to the class was clear and supportive.”
Who is it for?
This part-time course is designed to meet the specific professional needs of experienced early childhood practitioners working with or leading provision for children aged from 0 to 3. The course is suitable for managers, room leaders, practitioners, family support workers and childminders.
What does it consist of?
It is a part time course developed and led by Julia Manning-Morton, which is accredited at level 4 by Middlesex University (equivalent to half of the first year of a degree). The course consists of two modules:
- Professional Practice in Working with 0-3 year olds
- Leading Practice and Developing Provision for 0-3 year olds
When and where is it taught?
Teaching takes place on:
- Thursday evenings, 5.00-8.00pm. From 14 Sept 2017 – 5th July 2018
- Plus 5 additional Thursday afternoons from 1.30 to 4.00, currently planned for: 14th Sept 2017, 11th Jan, 22nd March, 26th April and 5th July 2018.
Tutorial sessions are offered in half terms but there are no sessions during other school holidays.
Interested in other locations?
The course can also be run in other locations subject to demand. Contact us to enquire. A minimum group size of 15 is normally required.
How much does it cost?
Module 1 (40 credits): £2,000* Module 2 (20 credits) £1,000*. Discounts are available for block bookings of 3 or more staff.
*There may be some places available for practitioners who do not wish to undertake the assignments for accreditation at a reduced rate
Please enquire direct for bookings of 10+ participants and/or about having this delivered in-house.
Level 3 or equivalent in early years and at least 3 years of experience. It is preferable that you have GCSE English or equivalent. If you don’t you can still apply and undertake a small written test.
- Contact us for more details and an application form.