Key Times Professional Development in partnership with Early Education
Applications are invited for places on this accredited programme for experienced practitioners working with 0 to 3-year-olds.
The certificate programme will
- help improve your provision for babies and young children
- further your professional expertise and career by studying at level 4, gaining credits towards a degree
What previous students say:
“This module has really made me think about younger children in a way I never have before.”
“It has been really helpful to learn about 2-year-olds. I will be changing the room layout and the way I deal with challenging behaviour.”
“The wonderful blend of theory and practice Julia uses, engages the group to reflect on what they do.”
“I find I have more empathy towards parents since attending this course”
“Julia is very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She presented the course with a good balance of talking, shared work and hand-outs.”
“Julia was able to support everyone at all levels, without making others feel left out. Her guidance to the class was clear and supportive.”
Who is it for?
This part-time course is designed to meet the specific professional needs of experienced early childhood practitioners working with or leading provision for children aged from 0 to 3. The course is suitable for managers, room leaders, practitioners, family support workers and childminders.
What does it consist of?
It is a part time course developed and led by Julia Manning-Morton, which is accredited at level 4 by Middlesex University (equivalent to half of the first year of a degree). The course consists of two modules:
- Professional Practice in Working with 0-3 year olds
- Leading Practice and Developing Provision for 0-3 year olds
See flyer for details.
When and where is it taught?
Teaching at our London venue is provisionally scheduled for the following dates:
- on Thursday evenings, 5.00-8.00pm Course 1: From 27th April - 20th July then from 14 Sept - 30 Nov 2017. Course 2: From 11th January - 22nd March 2018
- There will also be 5 additional Thursday afternoons from 1.30 to 4.00, currently planned for: 27th Apr, 20th July, 30th Nov 2017 and 11th Jan and 22nd Feb 2018.
Tutorial sessions are offered in half terms but there are no sessions during other school holidays.
A Birmingham venue is also currently under discussion - please contact us if interested in joining this group.
Interested in other locations?
The course can also be run in other locations subject to demand. Contact us to enquire. A minimum group size of 15 is normally required.
How much does it cost?
Module 1 (40 credits): £2,000 Module 2 (20 credits) £1,000. Discounts are available for block bookings of 3 or more staff.
Level 3 or equivalent in early years and at least 3 years of experience. It is preferable that you have GCSE English or equivalent. If you don’t you can still apply and undertake a small written test.