Aims: To enable practitioners working with two-year-olds to:
- understand more about the crucial role of attachment in personal, social, emotional and cognitive development
- explore ways of supporting secure attachment and helping children cope with attachment issues
- explore attachment aware approaches to challenging behaviour
- supporting parents in becoming more aware of attachment
- The sessions will be a mix of input and active learning, including video clips and case studies, enabling participants to gain new knowledge, work with colleagues and reflect on their own practice.
- Structured reflection within activities including self-evaluation of current strengths, areas for development and next steps
- Course evaluations
- What do we know about attachment ?
- The role of the key person
- Supporting two-year-olds with feelings – emotion coaching for behaviour management
- Evaluation of current practice and provision
- Identifying lessons learned and next steps
Trainer: Helen Moylett