This session supports practitioners to:
- Understand more about the development of communication and language from birth
- Gain information on the importance of Communication and Language in the revised EYFS and its links to other areas, including literacy
- Reflect on practical ways to improve quality for babies, young children and their families through positive relationships and enabling environments
Course content includes
- Born to connect: How and why do children learn and develop?
- Brain development birth to five – the impact of sensitive periods on social and emotional development and communication and language
- The tree of Communication, Language and Literacy – growing the roots
- Effective practice in observing, assessing and planning for
- Listening and Attention
- Thinking about children at risk of language delay – positive relationships and enabling environments
- Working with parents
There will be mix of information giving, discussion and group activity enabling participants to gain new knowledge, work with colleagues and reflect on their own practice.
Trainer: Helen Moylett