Aims and objectives:
This course offers practical ideas and related theory to develop the role of creativity within settings. The course will be practical, interactive, and requires no previous knowledge or experience of dance.
Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Identify the ingredients of creativity – introducing related theory
- Explore Creative processes – considering Claxton’s characteristics of creativity and explore links to EYFS (CoEL, reflective and critical thinking).
- Apply stages of creativity to actual practice - time implications, materials, reflective dialogues.
- Explore why is Creativity important - linking to EYFS specific areas of learning, CoEL, life skills and challenges.
- Explore scenarios and examine how to recognise creativity.
- Identify strategies for adults to support children’s creative exploration.
Trainer: Peppy Hills