Significant changes were made to the EYFS Profile in 2013, but assessment for learning is as important as ever. This practical course focuses on both ongoing formative assessment and summative assessment, as well as how to track progress effectively. A key aim is making the whole process manageable and effective in helping you to support every child’s learning, whilst reducing the paperwork! The course can be adapted to your needs, for example to focus on both nursery and reception classes.
This course will help you:
- find the most effective and practical ways to make assessment processes manageable
- make sure you capture the most important aspects of children’s learning and use this in your planning
- decide how best to document children’s learning
- involve parents and children in the assessment process
- make use of data to improve teaching
Trainer: Vicky Hutchin