Audience: All Early Years practitioners
This highly enjoyable and accessible course focuses on ways of fostering early phonological development using carefully chosen musical activities and play. It follows the “Letters and Sounds” document Phase One. Steve recorded the CDs for A&C Black’s Singing Phonics series. While there is a focus on laying the foundations for phonics the activities are holistic and will contribute to all aspects of children’s development.
Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Learn tried and tested songs rhymes and games that their children will love to sing
- Gain an understanding of the integral relationship between music and early phonological development
- Boost their ability and confidence in all their musical activities with ideas linked to “Letters and Sounds”
- Learn simple ideas for using body percussion and rhythm sticks that will make a big difference to their sessions
- Learn how to encourage children’s experience of instrumental sounds and using instruments
There is a CD/booklet that contains the material in this course.
Trainer: Steve Grocott