This course is workshop style offering an introduction to music for early years and is fun and informative, exploring ways in which music compliments and contributes to other areas of learning and development.
The course demonstrates how easily music can be incorporated into any early years setting without practitioners needing any previous musical knowledge or experience.
Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Learn songs to share and enjoy with babies and children
- Discover musical games and activities
- Develop an understanding of the importance of using music to support child development
- Explore children’s musical development
- Gain ideas as to how to nurture the natural musicality of children
- Observe children’s musical play and discuss how to nurture and interact with children’s music making
- Explore ways of encouraging and supporting composition
- Discuss audio environments and how to use recorded music effectively
- Explore musical environments and how to create music making opportunities
- Play with instruments and resources and find out where to purchase instruments and resources from
- Discuss effective planning for musical activities and opportunities linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage; supporting all areas of learning through music.
Audience: All Early Childhood Educators
Trainer: Nicola Burke