To ensure that your assessments value children’s all round learning, your observations feed your planning and support children’s progress. Vicky is well known for her books on assessment in the early years, crammed with useful case studies and practical examples which he draws on in this course. The most recent books on the topic were published in November 2012 and 2013.
This course will help you:
- find the most effective and practical way to make assessment processes manageable, across the EYFS age range
- decide how best to document children’s learning to ensure it is fully used to support future learning
- involve parents and the children themselves
- examine why observation remains at the heart of supporting children’s learning
- make use of data to improve teaching
Trainer: Vicky Hutchin