To provide delegates with a deeper understanding of the complexities involved in schematic exploration and how these link directly to how children become engaged and sustained in their self chosen activities.
- Schemas and the links with the characteristics of effective learning
- Understanding schema concepts
- Understanding How children use their exploratory play as a starting point to extend their schematic explorations
- Extending children's investigations so that they can be represented symbolically
- Developing children's schematic interests in cause and effect
- Developing and extending children's language and thought through schema
Delegates will learn how to:
Support children's development particularly in how they represent their actions and symbolic ideas, thought and action through using all of their senses to find out about the things that interest them.
Audience: practitioners working in the field on early years with children aged 0-7 years.
Trainer: Stella Louis