One of the key developments for practitioners in the revised EYFS has been making Communication and Language a distinct and prime area of learning. But how can we best support all children’s development in communicating? This course builds on Vicky’s experience of Every Child a Talker, and in particular her expertise in EAL and working with young children becoming bilingual. Vicky is happy to run this course with a particular focus on children learning EAL.
The course will help you:
- understand of how children’s language and communication develops
- build a wealth of practical strategies to get conversations flowing with young children
- consider how we can support the development of young children’s ‘language for thinking’
- discuss effective ways of involving parents in supporting their children’s language development
- develop a whole team approach to improving adult child interactions
Trainer: Vicky Hutchin