To enable practitioners working with two-year-olds to:
- understand more about the development of two-year- olds’ brains and bodies and the impact on their behaviour and learning;
- explore the implications of child development for practice and provision – particularly in the prime areas of Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development;
- use the EYFS Development Matters guidance in everyday practice and to inform the summative assessment required for the two-year-old progress check.
- Sessions will be a mix of input and active learning, including video clips and case studies, enabling participants to gain new knowledge, work with colleagues and reflect on their own practice.
- All participants will have tasks to complete between sessions to help them improve their practice and deepen their understanding of the needs and entitlements of two-year-olds.
- Structured reflection within activities including self-evaluation of current strengths, areas for development and next steps
- Gap tasks between sessions
- Participant identification of changes introduced in settings, and
- reporting of impact on parents and on children’s progress
- LA course evaluations
Course length: 1 full day + 4 half days or 3 full days. A shorter version of this course can also be offered over 2 full days with a gap task in between