Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
What does the SEND Code of Practice (2015) say about Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)?
Which children may benefit from this process?
During the course, we will:
- Briefly look at the key points highlighted in the guidance in relation to EHCPs
- Look at the different steps in the process to obtain an EHCP
- Consider the evidence required to complete an EHC needs assessment request
- Look at the importance of working in co-production and what this looks like in practice
- Mitigate the barriers to co-production with practical strategies
- Explore the importance of setting Aspirations, Outcomes and Targets
Links to Early Years and SEND guidance: SEND Code of Practice 2015 (‘Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans’ Chapter 9).
Audience: SENCOs in Early Years PVI Settings and Schools
Trainer: Carla Cornelius