*Price - NB early bird discount is applied automatically if available: for the Member rate, please login to your account.
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 7 February 2020) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 7 February 2020) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This course highlights how creating and thinking critically is an essential characteristic of effective learning. Participants will examine what critical thinking is, looks like, and how it can be promoted through the visual arts. They will explore how they can pose questions of enquiry and provide situations and materials that foster and promote creativity and critical thinking. Participants will leave able to construct situations of learning that consider the interplay of using materials and visual expression that are essential strategies for children’s construction and communication of their thinking.
- Learn how to recognise and support critical thinking through the visual arts
- Discover how to ask generative questions of enquiry through the presentation of materials and spoken word
- Explore how materials and visual expression are essential methods of children's construction and communication of thinking
- See what this can look like when working with young children with rich examples and case studies from everyday practice.
Audience: All educators and leaders working in ECE interested in finding out more about creativity and critical thinking and its relationship to the visual expressive arts and design.
You can view Debi's profile on her dedicated Associates page.