- Members £170, or with early bird discount (until 3 May 2017) £140
- Non-members £215, or with early bird discount (until 3 May 2017) £185
Special Two For One offer on our Literacy and Maths courses in Tyne & Wear in June: use the following code when booking two places on this course, or book a colleague on each course, and only pay for one! Use Discount Code: 241-EE16
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This practical course will give participants the opportunity to explore ways in which they can support the development of the skills that children need to become confident and competent users of language and literacy skills.
- To explore national and international language and literacy research and frameworks which can support practitioners to plan learning and teaching experiences.
- To explore the development of language and literacy
- To provide participants with practical ideas on how to give children appropriate language and literacy experiences.
- To consider enabling environments for language and literacy
- To consider how to involve parents in language and literacy experiences
Learning outcomes – you will be able to:
- Review your current practice in supporting talk, listening skills and early literacy skills in your setting
- Use a range of research around children’s learning and development in these areas
- Evaluate the learning environment, resources used and adult role and consider new resources and ideas to take back to your setting
You can view Kay Rooks's biography on her dedicated Associates page.