The Early Education Journal is published three times a year, normally in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field. Browse the list below to see details of recent guest editors and authors.
As a member of Early Education you will receive three issues of the Journal per year as part of your subscription, as well as being able to access back copies electronically.
Members can download previous copies of the Journal through the links below. If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
Back copies are available for purchase, subject to availability.
No 82 Summer 2017: Loose parts and developing children's flexible thinking
Guest editor: Jan White
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial: Loose parts and flexible thinking: getting hold of loose parts outdoors - Jan White
- Loose parts at work: how loose parts and variables are essential components providing an abundance of learning opportunities in the outdoor environment at Sandfield Natural Play Centre - Ann Thompson
- Loose parts and physicality: how children think with their minds and their bodies - Julie Mountain
- Warning! Researchers at work: practice grounded in loose parts play - Menna Godfrey
- Loose parts and flexible thinking - Jan White