The Early Education Journal is published termly. Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field.
Members of Early Education are mailed all issues of the Journal as an exclusive membership benefit (online only student/concession members receive access to the online issue only).
See below for details of the most recent issue. Logged in members can see and download all recent back issues, and purchase additional copies (subject to availability)
If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
Our next issue will be a joint issue with the International Journal of Birth and Parent Education. Please note it will be available slightly later than usual, in July 2019.
No 87 Spring 2019 - Language and communication
Guest editors: Helen Moylett and Nancy Stewart
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial – Nancy Stewart and Helen Moylett
- Minding babies: sharing thinking with preverbal infants - Rod Parker-Rees
- Communication, language and foundations for literacy in the early years - Usha Goswami
- “I have lots of ideas, so many ideas you wouldn't even think of”: thinking conversations in a nursery school - Louise Lowings
- Experiences of the implementation of an early years communication improvement model: speech and language therapist and early years practitioner perspectives and implications for practice - Julie Kent and Sarah McDonald
Non-members may be able to purchase copies of individuals journals subject to availability. Please contact us for details.