The Early Education Journal is published three times a year, normally in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field. Browse the list below to see details of recent guest editors and authors.
As a member of Early Education you will receive three issues of the Journal per year as part of your subscription, as well as being able to access back copies electronically.
Members can download previous copies of the Journal through the links below: you will need to be logged in to your account in order to access these electronic copies. If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
Back copies are available for purchase, subject to availability.
No 84 Spring 2018: Observing Children’s Development Part 1
Guest editor: Di Chilvers
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial - Di Chilvers
- The wisdom of Dr Susan Isaacs on observational practice and child development - Kathryn Solly
- Observing children’s development: the work of Vivian Gussin Paley - Linda Pound
- Helping young children become great learners: observing and supporting self-regulation - Helen Moylett
- Observation and the world of children’s ideas - Debi Keyte-Hartland
- Professionalising the process of observation and understanding children’s development - Di Chilvers