*Price - NB early bird discount is applied at the checkout if available
- Members £170, or with early bird discount (until 27 January 2017) £140
- Non-members £215, or with early bird discount (until 27 January 2017) £185
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This course offers practical ideas to develop and enhance music provision in settings. Participants will be given handouts and introduced to a free online resource which they can use following the session. The session will be practical, interactive, and will draw upon film footage of children’ music making to enable practitioners to further their understanding of children’s musicality.
The session will explore:
- Tuning into children and communicative musicality
- How to create enabling musical environments using instruments
- Auditory environments - how we can use recorded music effectively with young children.
- Effective planning for musical activities linked to the EYFS, supporting all areas of learning through music making
- Observing children’s creative musical play and how to nurture and interact with children’s music making
- How to encourage and support composition
Your delegate fee includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
You can view Nicola Burke's biography on her dedicated Associates page.
Nicola's Tune Into Listening action research project won the Excellence in Primary/Early Years Award at the 2017 Music Teacher Awards for Excellence. You can access the free Tune into Listening online resource here.