Join as an individual for personal access to our member benefits:
- regular email briefings which provide members with summaries and analysis of announcements affecting early childhood education practice and provision
- a copy of the Early Education Journal published three times a year in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms*
- access to our network of local branches
- significantly reduced rates to attend our courses, conferences and events
- periodic discounts on our publications, including 20% off most publications and resources
- discounts on products and services from our corporate partners
- online networks for peer to peer advice
On joining, you’ll also receive a new members’ pack* including:
- at least the previous two copies of the Early Education Journal
- a complimentary copy of an Early Education publication - choose between I am two! Working effectively with two year olds and their families or the Areas of Learning Series.
* Online only concession membership (for retired/unwaged/student/NQT) excludes members' pack and hard copy mailings of the Journal, which is instead available via the members' area of the website.
The type of individual membership will depend on your status. See full details of membership types and costs below.
Direct Debit discount
Pay by Direct Debit from a UK bank account and receive a £5 discount on your annual subscription. Choose your membership type from the list below, and you will be given a link to the Direct Debit form when you click through to purchase your membership.
Tax relief on membership
You can reclaim tax you pay on your membership subscription to Early Education as we are on the HMRC's list of approved professional organisations - but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work. You can only claim tax relief if you personally pay your subscription and it is for business purposes only. You cannot claim tax relief if your organisation pays the membership, however the organisation itself can get tax relief at 20% instead, if the organisation is subject to taxation.
If, however you pay your subscription personally and include this cost on your tax return, the amount of tax relief is as follows:
a) If you are a basic rate tax payer, you will get tax relief of 20% on the value of the subscription.
b) If you are a higher rate tax paper, you will get tax relief of 40% on the value of the subscription.
You must keep records of what you’ve spent, and claim within 4 years of the end of the tax year that you spent the money.
Based outside the UK? You can still join - an additional postage fee will be added to your basket on checking out for the additional postage costs.