Got a vacancy to advertise?
To advertise here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Group and chain members may advertise vacancies for free as part of the membership package. Download instructions for how to place a vacancy, incuding rates for non-members.
- Headteachers - Closing date - 15th April 2018
Vacancies at Early Education
“Most great learning happens in groups. Collaboration is the stuff of growth.” Sir Ken Robinson
Post 1: Headteacher
Abbey Green Nursery School
Post 2: Headteacher
Strong Close Nursery School
To start from September 2018
Salary L10 ‐ L14
Due to the retirement of previous and current post holders, the Governing Bodies of Abbey Green Nursery School and Strong Close Nursery School are seeking to appoint 2 exceptional early years senior leaders for the posts of Headteacher from September 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future direction of these Nursery Schools in Bradford. Strong Close and Abbey Green have recently established a collaboration with Midland Road Nursery School and together we are seeking to secure the long tradition of our work with young children and families, whilst further developing our services in order to secure school improvement. We work closely with the 4 other Nursery Schools in Bradford and have recently embarked on more rigorous support and challenge through a system of Peer Reviews.
Both schools are well established in their local communities, and have been consistently graded as Good at OFSTED. Strong Close is a designated Early Years SEND school and in current Local Authority proposals it is anticipated that Abbey Green will have the same resource. However, as with all sectors, these are challenging times with proposed changes to children’s centres and the review of national funding formulas – so we need leaders who are able to meet these challenges with a commitment to seeking out and embracing all opportunities to secure the very best outcomes for young children and their families.
Applicants are invited to express a preference for both or either schools.
We are seeking 2 passionate, creative and experienced early years leaders who:
- Have a deep understanding of young children’s learning and development and the part that families play in this
- Have experience of senior leadership and of developing a highly effective early years curriculum which secures the very best outcomes for children
- Can demonstrate their commitment to working in partnership with parents/carers
- Are highly motivated and able to support and inspire practitioners to secure change and improvement
- Seek out collaborative approaches to working in all aspects of their work
- Have a respect for all children and families embracing the diversity of our city
- Are committed to collaboration and seek to work towards outstanding practice in all schools
We can offer:
- Schools where the joy of teaching and learning is visible every day
- Experienced and dedicated practitioners who put children at the heart of everything they do
- The support of a consultant headteacher (a National Leader of Education) through Midland Road Nursery School
- Excellent support from our Governing Bodies, with an understanding of the unique role of nursery schools and a strong commitment to securing their future
- The opportunity to share practice as part of a commitment to support the Early Years sector
Pre-application visits by prospective candidates are strongly encouraged – dates for these are given below.
To arrange a visit please contact Sara Crowther, email: email@example.com or telephone 01274 546492.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online for this post - job details can be downloaded below. Please ensure you read the application details and check you meet the criteria before completing an application form via the 'Apply Now' button.
Visit Days: Abbey Green Nursery School Tuesday 27th March &
Strong Close Nursery School & Wednesday 28th March 2018 at 4.00pm
Closing Date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Shortlisting: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Assessment Day: Wednesday 25th April 2018
Final Interview for Successful 2nd Stage Candidates: Thursday 26th April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
For further information and to apply, please see the dedicated page online.
Vacancies at Early Education
Early Education has a wide range of volunteering roles. Our trustees and branch committee members are all volunteers. We also value volunteers to come and help from time to time in our office. If you can spare time on either a regular or ad hoc basis to come and help us achieve our aims, we'd love to hear from you.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you can offer expertise in any of the following areas:
- Assisting in the office - join our small friendly office team and help us with publications dispatch, membership liaison and events management. As a benefit, you may get opportunities to sit in on our training and events.
- Helping us develop our online resources - you could collate useful links and resources for practitioners and parents, act as an editor for blogs or book reviews
- Join a current branch committee, or start a new branch
Interested? Send us a quick email about your skills and experiences, and the kind of volunteering activity which would interest you to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a rolling programme of recruitment for well-qualified and experienced trainers and consultants to join our team of Associates. If you might be interested, find out more about our existing team of Associates and details of how to apply.