Got a vacancy to advertise?
To advertise here, contact email@example.com
Group and chain members may advertise vacancies for free as part of the membership package. Download instructions for how to place a vacancy, incuding rates for non-members.
- Full-time early years educator - Sheringham Nursery School and Children's Centre
Please get in touch to list a vacancy.
Vacancies at Early Education
- Trustees with expertise in finance and/or marketing and communications
- Associates - freelance trainers and consultants
SLTs and Early Years Practitioners- Hanen Learning Language and Loving It Evaluation
Position: Exciting opportunity to contribute to gathering evidence for a research project commissioned by the Education Endowment Foundation. We need Speech and Language Therapists (SLT) or Early Years practitioners for carrying out assessments with 3-4-year olds in the North-West of England as part of the evaluation of Hanen Learning Language and Loving It (Hanen LLLI), a training programme for early years practitioners.
Location: North-West of England. Areas include:
Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Calderdale, Liverpool Central, Liverpool South, Merseyside, Preston, Sefton, St Helens
Hours and key dates
• 1/2 day briefing:
- Manchester: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Liverpool on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
SLTS and practitioners need to choose one of the briefing dates.
• Scheduling assessments at the assigned settings between September 23 and September 27, 2019.
• Administering pupil assessments between September 30 to October 18, 2019
• SLTs and practitioners will need 2 days per school, which includes scheduling, administering assessments and submitting scores (17 pupils will be assessed at each setting)
• Attend one briefing event in Manchester or Liverpool
• Schedule assessments with individual nurseries/schools
• Administer the British Picture Vocabulary Scale (BPVS) to 17 pupils selected for testing during the assessment period. Materials will be provided at the briefing event.
• Send weekly report on testing progress.
• Input pupils’ scores at the end of each assessment day.
Time commitment the minimum time commitment (in addition to attending the briefing) is 6 days to schedule and complete assessments at 3 settings and to submit scores . We welcome a longer or full-time commitment during the testing period.
Experience and availability
• Qualified SLT at Level 4 and above (can be newly qualified) or qualified Early Years practitioner at Level 3 and above
• Experience of working with young children and carrying out assessments with 3-4-year olds
• Have access to a car and full valid driver’s license
• Ability to work flexibly across multiple setting and children’s availability
Desirable criteria: Experience of carrying out assessments using the British Picture Vocabulary Scale (BPVS)
• At least 6 days, a small proportion of which will be spent during the scheduling period to make appointment with nurseries. It may be that multiple visits are required to a setting to complete the assessments. This will depend on when the children who need to be assessed attend nursery
• Attend one briefing session
More information and how to apply: Please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0808 169 1224. Please be aware that we are working with a recruitment agency to fill these roles; if you apply, we may pass your contact details and CV on to the agency.
NOTE: Similar testing will take place with the same children from June 8 to July 10, 2020 with scheduling of assessments in May 2020. If you would like to be involved in this phase of testing please register your interest with NatCen (email@example.com or 0808 169 1224) and indicate the number of days you would be available.
Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
Scale 4: £19,304- £20,365 pro-rata
36 hours per week, term time only
Sheringham is a highly successful Newham Nursery School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. We have children on roll aged 2, 3 and 4-years old.
We are a National Teaching School and we offer excellent opportunities for your continuing professional development.
We are recruiting for a full-time early years educator.
• Are you a well-qualified early years practitioner with enthusiasm, energy and commitment to high quality early years education?
• Do you have a sound understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage, and a strong commitment to children learning through play, inside and outdoors?
• Are you positive about working in partnership with families in our diverse, multi-lingual community?
• Can you promote the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities?
You must have a level 3 qualification in childcare and early education (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in a school or setting. You might be experienced or a new qualified.
• be skilled at listening to children and having conversations with them
• love playing with children and spending time outdoors with them in all weathers
• be able to promote children’s learning through our broad curriculum
• be able to maintain children’s ‘Special Books’ to a high standard
• be skilled and confident in working with parents
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced environment for learning inside and outdoors. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team.
You are very welcome to come and visit, by appointment, or phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply, please ensure that you are available for interview on Wednesday 3rd July. Make sure that you complete an application statement that explains clearly why you have the experience and capability to work as an Early Years Educator in our team. No CVs and no agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
• Deadline for applications: midnight, Sunday 30th June
• Interviews: Wednesday 3rd July at Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Application form and further details: please apply online at https://ats-npw.jgp.co.uk/vacancies/view/101612
Vacancies at Early Education
We have a rolling programme of recruitment for well-qualified and experienced trainers and consultants to join our team of Associates. If you might be interested, find out more about our existing team of Associates and details of how to apply.