Who should attend?
This conference is aimed at those working in leadership roles or those holding responsibility for the Early Years Foundation Stage, especially those who are not themselves early years specialists, who would like to extend and update their knowledge on current best practice in relation to the EYFS. It may also be suitable for other staff in a leadership role such as Advisors, KS1 leads and curriculum co-ordinators.
This conference will focus on key issues for leaders and headteachers in relation to nursery and reception classes in primary schools including:
- key aspects of leading and managing a successful Foundation Stage, including balancing the competing pressures on Reception classes
- closing the gap: making best use of Early Years Pupil Premium
- The characteristics of effective learning
- The significance of the Prime areas of learning in the EYFS
- how Reception classes can most effectively support children’s learning in developmentally appropriate ways and provide a sound foundation for future learning
- The importance of relationship in building children's resilience for change and transition at key stages
This event will be held at Focus on Learning.
- Early Education members: £140
- Non-members: £175
Book before the 20th January to receive the early bird rate (saving £30 per place).
Special offer: included in the price get:
- a copy of our book Achieving Excellence in the Early Years: a guide for headteachers with contributions from Di Chilvers, Vicky Hutchin, Amanda King, Thelma Miller, Marjorie Ouvry, Linda Pound, Kathryn Solly, Sue Stokoe and Jan White
- six months free individual membership of Early Education (annual membership normally costs £53 – with the option to upgrade to Group membership at a reduced rate)