*Price - NB early bird discount is applied automatically if available: for the Member rate, please login to your account.
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 30 August 2019) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 30 August 2019) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This course explores how children’s mark-making (or graphicacy) is a form of communication in and of itself that is capable of expressing and making meaning with others. During this course we will unpick how children:
- develop the skills of graphicacy within a context of meaning-making
- consider how young children communicate ideas and thinking through graphicacy (including Mathematical thinking)
- explore the generative contexts that support rich communication and expression of ideas and thinking in practice
- Leave with ideas of how to rethink children’s writing/mark-making areas and be able to share the theory with others of how re-thinking mark-making as ‘graphicacy within the context of communication and expression’ can help support your own children in your context
Audience: All educators and leaders working in ECE interested in developing richer contexts for young children’s mark-making.
You can view Debi's profile on her dedicated Associates page.