*Price - NB early bird discount is applied automatically if available: for the Member rate, please login to your account.
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 7 May 2020) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 7 May 2020) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
Many EY practitioners are surprised to find out just how deep the connection between music and maths is. This course both expands their knowledge of this connection and provides ways to foster mathematical skills and understanding through musical play. Like all Steve’s training this course is highly practical and enjoyable, emphasising the the value of music for itself as well as making the connections with all aspects of children’s development.
Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Songs, games and rhymes that will engage their children and make a significant contribution to the general wellbeing in their setting
- How the patterns in music obey simple mathematical rules
- How to infuse simple musical activities with mathematical understanding and language
- About body maths and how to explore mathematical ideas through movement and dance
- How music can be used to explore concepts involving time
- How much maths is embedded in the songs and rhymes they already know
- New songs containing mathematical information
- Mathematical ideas in musical stories
There is a CD/booklet that contains all the material in this course.
You can view Steve's profile on his dedicated Associates page.