*Price - NB early bird discount is applied automatically if available: for the Member rate, please login to your account.
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 26 December 2017) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 26 December 2017) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This is workshop style course offering an introduction to Early Childhood Music Making and is fun and informative, exploring ways in which music compliments and contributes to other areas of learning and development.
The course demonstrates how easily music can be incorporated into any early years setting without practitioners needing any previous musical knowledge or experience.
Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
· Explore children’s musical development
· Gain ideas as to how to nurture the natural musicality of children
· Discover musical games and activities
· Learn songs to share and enjoy with babies and children
· Explore Communicative Musicality and tuning into children
· Explore Tune into Listening, an award winning free online resource that promotes active listening through enabling auditory environments
· Explore musical environments and how to create music making opportunities
· Play with instruments and resources and find out where to purchase instruments and resources from
· Discuss how to document children’s music making
· Develop an understanding of the importance of using music to support child development
· Discuss effective planning for musical activities and opportunities linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage; supporting learning and developing through music.
· Create a music policy using a self-assessment tool
You can view Nicola's profile on her dedicated Associates page.