This online, interactive training will support practitioners to develop their music provision and practice. The sessions will demonstrate how easily music practice and provision can be developed in settings without practitioners needing any previous musical knowledge or experience. Music and sound are a core aspect of children’s development; this training will explore this and offer participants practical ideas to implement into their practice. The training will carefully explore the EYFS reforms. Together we will look at Expressive Arts and Design, as well as all of the prime and specific areas and the place that music has throughout the EYFS, particularly communication and language; personal, social and emotional development.
The sessions will invite participants to consider children’s musical identities and preferences enabling participants to develop practice that is inclusive, meaningful and connects with children. The two sessions will create space for discussion and reflection and will support participants to consider their role in nurturing children’s musicality. This webinar series is accompanied by Musical Development Matters, a free guidance available from to download from Early Education: https://www.early-education.org.uk/musical-development-matters-download Participants will have opportunities to:
- Explore the EYFS reforms and the role of music in all of the prime and specific areas of learning and development
- Explore children’s musical development
- Discuss ways to connect with children musically considering the unique child and their musical identity
- Gain practical musical ideas and activities to use in settings
- Gain ideas as to how to nurture the natural musicality of children
- Observe children’s musical play and discuss how to nurture, and interact with children’s music making
- Explore how to create enabling musical environments
- Consider the role of the adult in nurturing children’s musicality
- Become familiar with the Musical Development Matters guidance
The webinar will take place on the following dates and times:
Session 1: 23rd June, 10.30am-12pm
Session 2: 30th June, 10.30am-12pm
A message from our partners, Cosy Direct
Cosy Direct are supporting this programme of training and would like to offer everyone a £10 voucher to spend on our website – to get this voucher, all you need to do is subscribe to our email newsletter. Don’t worry, we don’t spam our subscribers, you will receive some excellent content along with product information and educational content (and you can unsubscribe at any time).