Thank you to you
Whatever work you do with young children and whether you are finished for the year or working all year round, be sure to know that every positive thing that you did for the sake of a young child will have had an impact.
Here are 10 light reads, listens or links which are in some way pedagogically or leadership related for some mind and soul food during August. I hope they help you to reflect, rest and rejuvenate.
Enjoy some time out to rest and check out these links.
Ten links for reflection, rest and rejuvenation
- This Radio 4 programme about lateral thinking and Edward de Bono is a fun listen
- Studio life from the Royal Academy gives us a glimpse into the studio spaces of artists
- Carving out time for art is a blog about how an artist mother did just this in her life and launched Carve out time for art
- Desert island disks interviews with Atul Gawande, Sue Perkins, Jo Malone, Davina McCall to name but a few...
- Woman's hour featuring Nicola Benedetti telling her story and playing part of Shostakovich's Violin Concerto Number 1
- Why do I feel so energised by coaching?, Growing, learning and flourishing as a school leader and The power of coaching video all from Hannah Wilson
- Arts-Based Activities Boost Emotion Regulation, Study Finds in Psychology today
- A short article about Bear Grylls' Secret Life sharing an insight the personal life of this adventurer
- Find out more about ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) on Lisa Cherry's blog and our ACEs members' pedagogic page with lots of info and links
- 500 words: hear the short stories that children wrote for this story writing competition
- Lots more information and research for pedagogocal reflection can be found on our members' pedagogic pages.
- To become a member join here.
Cathy Gunning is Pedagogic Lead at Early Education part time, as well as a nursery teacher and mum. She is an accredited coach mentor with the Centre for Educational Leadership at the University of Hertfordshire. Cathy has previously been a primary teacher, early years coordinator and day nursery manager. Most recently she was a nursery school headteacher where she developed and led an integrated centre - including all year daycare and a children's centre - with an inspiring team for over 10 years. Her pedagogy was nurtured and inspired during her time as an early years advisory teacher and whilst studying for a masters degree in early years education with care. A reflective practitioner and leader she enjoys continually thinking about effective pedagogy in early education and refining her own through reading, research, practice and collaborative conversation.You can find Cathy on twitter, facebook, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org