This two day course is spread over consecutive days or can be separated with a gap task for Early Years leaders/managers in small groups who are keen to enhance and develop their pedagogical practice outdoors.
- To consider different ways of seeing children - powerful, active and adventurous.
- To reflect upon how we can ensure our outdoor spaces provide for these confident risk-takers and adventurers by using the elements and nature.
- To enhance practitioner confidence and practice in challenging children by providing adventurous play with different resources including loose parts.
- Presentation of principles, practice and theory of risk, challenge and adventure via outdoor play and learning.
- Exploration of resources and books etc.
- Discussions in groups about outdoor provocations
- Planning next steps
The gap task will reflect on your current practice following the training day, with a view to bringing further ideas and feeding back at the next session.
- Feedback by groups as to progress with next steps
- Presentation about outdoor leadership and physicality
- Sharing DVD material
- Exploration of loose parts
Trainer: Kathryn Solly