- There are two different theories on how children learn, both socially and cognitively; these are behaviourist and constructivist. In this workshop we will take a mix of practice, theory and research to explore a `what works best’ approach as described in the EYFS Development Matters – Characteristics of Effective Learning.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Discuss the effects of using extrinsic motivation (praise and rewards) with children
- Explain the rationale for using encouragement
- Discuss strategies which are useful when encouraging without praising
- Reflect on what makes a learner
This is available as a half-day course.
Audience: EY Practitioners working with children birth – 60+ months, PVI settings/schools, Childminders, Independent and maintained schools
Trainer: Monica Wiltshire