Summer special discount available on this title.
This book starts from the principle that young children’s emotional, personal and social development is fundamental to all other areas of development and learning. This principle is echoed by the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum in England, in which it is one of the ‘prime areas’ and by early years students and practitioners, who consistently identify children’s personal, social and emotional learning as being a central concern of their practice.
With these ideas in mind, this book aims to enable early years practitioners to think deeply about young children’s personal, social and emotional development by introducing and illustrating some of the key ideas and theories that relate to personal, social and emotional development. These ideas are helpfully illustrated through case studies that make strong links between theory, individual children’s development and daily practice in early years settings.
In order to support practitioners in providing well for babies and young children, the book includes practice guidance and reflective exercises that encourage the reader to reflect on the links between children’s personal, social and emotional development and other aspects of development and learning, practices that support the unique child and the links to PSED in different curriculum frameworks.
It looks at:
- children’s emotional development
- the young child’s emotional experience and the development of the brain
- developing contexts that support young children’s emotional well-being and learning
- the significance of early close relationships and the Key Person Approach
- self-awareness and self-esteem
- temperament and dispositions
- children developing social and cultural identities
- anti-bias practice
- children’s social relationships and friendships
- practice that supports children’s social interactions and social play
- children’s and practitioners’ wellbeing
If you would like to bulk buy this publication - we can offer ten copies for £90 including courier delivery. Please contact us to purchase.