One of the best things about the revised EYFS is the characteristics of effective learning. Although this is spelt out in Development Matters, more support is needed in understanding how these can be used to review and develop how adults can best support children’s learning. This course does just this! Since 2011, when the characteristics first appeared in the Tickell review Vicky has worked closely with many schools and settings helping them to use the characteristics in their practice. Her experience gained from this is the basis of this course.
This course will help you:
- understand the characteristics of effective learning through practical examples as well as discussing some research
- explore how to build on children’s innate curiosity and creativity and how to plan on the basis of children’s interests
- develop deeper partnerships with parents, involving them in using the characteristics as a way of looking at the children’s learning at home in supporting children’s learning
- use the characteristics as a basis for reviewing and developing your pedagogy
- implement a whole team approach across your school or setting
Trainer: Vicky Hutchin