*Price - NB early bird discount is applied automatically if available: for the Member rate, please login to your account.
- Members £150, or with early bird discount (until 12 January 2018) £120
- Non-members £180, or with early bird discount (until 12 January 2018) £150
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This day course on Clay and Creativity is split into three parts, with the first morning session considering more theoretical aspects, before two practical workshops explore being creative with clay in a hands on way!
Part 1: Creativity in the Early Years
- Creativity – building habits of mind
- Thinking about provocations as opposed to activities
- Observing creativity develop through ordinary moments
- Video and photographic examples illustrating how creativity can be extended and developed
Part 2: Practical Clay Workshop 1
- Environment and materials – preparing for clay play, managing the experience, preserving and storing the clay
- Hands on – play with clay!
- Adult role and interactions - supporting language, learning and development
- Observation of video footage - illustrating how children engage with and play with clay
- Emphasis on process and not end product, particularly in relation to children’s creativity
- Clay skills & techniques
Part 3: Practical Clay Workshop 2
- Development of clay skills & techniques
- Planning for creative experiences – thinking about stimulus
- Documenting and making learning visible
- Reflection & Evaluation
You can view Clare's profile on her dedicated Associates page.