*Price - NB early bird discount is applied at the checkout if available
- Members £170, or with early bird discount (extended until 3 November 2017) £140
- Non-members £215, or with early bird discount (extended until 3 November 2017) £185
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This inspiring and practical session will draw upon the latest research and best practice in laying down the foundations for happy and successful readers and writers.
During the course of this day, Kym will share examples that illustrate how building upon what children naturally choose to do can be the key to lighting the fire of desire for reading and writing in young children. She will highlight the key elements of learning to be literate and provide practical examples of experiences and resources that best support this journey. Throughout the session Kym will share real examples of inspirational practice from schools and settings she has worked with.
Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Explore the developmental stages of learning to read and write and how to support these.
- Receive tools to support them in planning and assessing the core elements needed to support children towards becoming enthusiastic and competent readers and writers.
- Hear how to provide challenge and inspiration in literacy through everyday play experiences which incorporate the passions of young children.
- Consider the types of literacy experiences that enhance children’s play rather than curtail it.
This event will be held at the Ely & Caerau Children’s Centre. The day will feature an opportunity to explore the setting.
You can view Kym's profile on her dedicated Associates page.