Page updated Spring 2018. This is a public page and is currently being developed....
Blogs and responses to the report
Bold Beginnings has warranted much response since it was published in Nov 2017.
On this page we have attempted to collect blogs and articles that have been released in response to the report which are in line with our principles and values.
- 30.11.17 'My response to Ofsted's new report on Reception teaching? Best retire now' Helen Williams, TES
- 7.12.17 Misleading messages about maths in Ofsted's bold beginnings report, says academic Sue Gifford, TES
- 18.12.17 A dialogue with ofsted on the bold beginnings report Early Education and TACTYC
- 13.12.17 Spielman: Ofsted report into Reception curriculum is 'as controversial as custard' Adi Bloom, TES
- 5.1.18 Being bold in 2018 Di Chilvers, Early Education associate and Sheffield EE branch leader
- 8.1.18 Ofsted attempts to build bridges with early-years teachers Adi Bloom (quoting Beatrice Merrick, Early Education), TES
- 12.1.18 Long read: The battle for Reception Helen Ward, TES
- 24.1.18 Bold beginnings: hearing the voice of the early years sector blog by Mary Dyer, Huddersfield Centre for Research in Education and Society
- 30.1.18 What's wrong with Ofsted's bold beginnings report? Early Education
- 15.2.18 We do need an informed debate on a child's experience in reception: Ofsted was right, the discussion must be bold Jan Dubiel, TES
- The Bold beginnings report and other technical documents can be found on the gov.uk pages
- The reception year in action Anna Ephgrave updated 2013
- Are you ready? Good practice in school readiness Ofsted 2014
- Teaching and play in the early years - a balancing act? Ofsted 2015
- Unknown children - destined for disadvantage? Ofsted 2016