Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Consider the United Convention on the Rights of the Child and other recent guidance on participation and listening to young children.
- Identify opportunities for involving and listening to the voice and views of all children in everyday practice.
- Explore the various ways in which children express views and choices including the multiple ways children communicate.
- Consider the introduction of person centred approaches into the early years setting
- Understand and develop the use of person centred one page profiles to include the voice of the child and parent as a tool to support inclusive practice.
Audience: All early years practitioners, setting managers, SENCO’s, INCO’s and those responsible for ensuring planning takes account of individual children’s strengths.
Trainer: Julie Revels