The quality of early years provision depends on the workforce. Settings and the adults working in them, grow and develop in response to positive relationships and enabling environments – just like the children.. The course will give leaders opportunities to explore:
- Are we managing or leading?
- The statutory requirement to provide supervision and the fostering of a culture of mutual support, teamwork and continuous improvement
- How do we know practitioners and children are learning ?
- How to encourage professional dialogue in the context of a caring ethos
- Assertiveness and communication skills for leaders
The day will be a mix of input and active learning, enabling participants to gain new knowledge, work with colleagues, discuss concerns and reflect on practice in their own settings.
Trainer: Helen Moylett