This course supports practitioners to:
- Understand more about the development of Personal, Social and Emotional skills from birth.
- How we come to understand who we are and what we can do
- How we come to understand ourselves in relation to others, how we make friends and understand the rules of society
- How we come to understand our own and others’ feelings, regulate our behaviour and develop empathy
- Gain information on the importance of PSED in the revised EYFS and its links to the characteristics of effective learning and other areas
- reflect on practical ways to improve quality for babies, young children and their families through positive relationships and enabling environments
Course content includes
- Brain development and self-regulation
- What do we know about attachment ?
- The role of the key person
- Supporting young children with feelings – emotion coaching for behaviour management
- Evaluation of current practice and provision
- Identifying lessons learned and next steps
There will be mix of information giving, discussion and group activity enabling participants to gain new knowledge, work with colleagues and reflect on their own practice.
Trainer: Helen Moylett