The Early Education Journal is published three times a year, normally in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field. Browse the list below to see details of recent guest editors and authors.
As a member of Early Education you will receive three issues of the Journal per year as part of your subscription, as well as being able to access back copies electronically.
Members can download previous copies of the Journal through the links below. If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
Back copies are available for purchase, subject to availability.
No 83 Autumn 2017: Early years mathematics
Guest editor: Elizabeth Carruthers
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial: Early years mathematics - Elizabeth Carruthers
- Children’s mathematics - Elizabeth Carruthers
- The mathematical intentions and encounters of 2- and 3-year olds - Emma Butcher
- Open Mathematics in early education: teacher perspectives - Michelle McCarthy and Jane Redpath
- Respecting children’s personal symbolism - Maulfry Worthington