Got a vacancy to advertise?
To advertise here, contact email@example.com
Group and chain members may advertise vacancies for free as part of the membership package. Download instructions for how to place a vacancy, incuding rates for non-members.
- Nursery Early Years Teacher and SENDCO - Alexandra Nursery School and Daycare Centre - Closing date 21.06.18
- Nursery Manager - Little Forrest Folk - Closing date 22.06.18
Vacancies at Early Education
Salary: Qualified Teachers (Accomplished Range- Advanced range)
Salary range: T4 - T7 + TLR2 for SENDCO role
Status: permanent; subject to completion of 6 month probationary period
An experienced Early Years Teacher is required to work with children within The Early Years Foundation Stage in this Outstanding (Ofsted 2014) nursery school and daycare centre. The role will be based in the Nursery school on Martha Street, Bolton. This school and children’s centre has children and staff from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Many languages including English are spoken in the school which also has High Needs Base provision for children with special needs and disabilities.
The post involves the following
- Working to teachers standards for accomplished or advanced range
- To be able to demonstrate teaching skills that reflect Teachers requirements at accomplished or advanced level
- To be the school SENDCO having “The National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination” qualification,
- Responsibility for a key group of children, including planning and teaching for groups and individuals along with assessment and recording for these children
- Leading assessment and planning for learning across 2-5 age range
- Leading curriculum development for a specified area to be agreed with the senior leadership team
- Leading and supporting the practice of classroom assistants and early years educators
- To be part of the senior leadership team
- To support and cover for the head teacher when necessary
Key skills for the job.
- Experience of working with 3 and 4 year old children in a nursery setting and an understanding of how they learn
- To have a thorough understanding of the observation, assessment and planning cycle and to support teaching assistants with this.
- Expertise and experience of working with children with SEND
- A sound understanding and experience of working within the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To be able to work in an open plan environment and as part of a large team- supporting other staff
- To be able to contribute to the work of the senior leadership team
The school was judged to be outstanding by OFSTED in March 2015. The daycare part of our provision was also judged to
be outstanding in March 2016. All staff are committed to providing the best education and care for all children and work
to a high standard. Working in our school will give opportunities to develop skills and understanding alongside a team
of experienced and knowledgeable practitioners. The successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible in the autumn term 2018 or by January 1st 2019 at the latest, subject to enhanced DBS and suitable references
Applications from disabled people and ethnic minority groups are welcome.
Applications will only be accepted from experienced early years teachers who must hold qualified teacher status and the national SENDCo award and work to school teachers pay and conditions. This school operates the council’s No Smoking policy. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
An application form and further details can be downloaded from:
or electronic and paper copies are available from:
Alexandra Nursery School, Martha Street, Willows Lane, Bolton BL3 4AH
Or telephone 01204 332678 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full day interviews will be held on Friday 29th June - only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application forms to be returned to the Head teacher, Mrs B. Kenny by 5 pm on Thursday 21st June 2018. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Applicants must show how they meet the requirements of the person specification in their application form and supporting letter.
Would you like to be a part of an “Outstanding” outdoor nursery organisation, recognised by the Queen for their innovation? We are providing 2-5 year olds with an exemplary early years learning experience to help them become the children most likely to succeed in today’s world.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead an exceptional nursery team in South West London.
Come and join an adventurous and progressive nursery where you'll get to climb trees, toast marshmallows on a campfire, build zip wires, and laugh, love and play in the fresh air all day long with amazing children.
As Nursery Manager, you’ll lead an experienced and accomplished team using your existing skills, experience and passion for child-led learning. You will follow children’s interests and scaffold their learning in extraordinary and enabling environments for play-based learning. You'll love working with children, and although you'll be supernumerary, you will motivate, lead, role model to and inspire your team of practitioners and help them to grow as educators by spending half of your week in the forest playing with the children. You will manage a wonderful community of 32 children with your team of 10-12 adults. When you join our organisation, we will provide you with amazing support from our Back Office team. We want our managers to be inspiring leaders rather than pencil pushing paperwork operators so our Back Office team offer strong support by managing your HR, invoicing, parent enquiries and as much paperwork as we can take off your shoulders. Your job is to passionately lead and inspire your team to continue to offer children wondrous daily experiences and give them the childhood they deserve.
We offer exceptional training and a highly experienced mentor to all our managers. As a growing organisation there will always be opportunities for career progression.
Salary:£32,000 to £37,000 depending on experience
Location: South West London
What we look for in our ideal leader:
- A minimum of Early Years Level 3 qualification or QTS
- 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in leading teams
- Experience in forest schools or outdoor education (desirable)
- A real passion for nature play and engaging children with the outdoors
- Experience of working and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
- Good knowledge and understanding of the safeguarding children obligations
- Someone who is highly organised, reliable and a driven team-player
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills to build a rapport with parents and practitioners alike
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes, is flexible and uses their initiative
We believe in looking after the people who look after our children, so our educators enjoy a range of perks such as;
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- A day off on your birthday – everyone should spend their birthday eating cake, not at work
- Funded overseas development trips to learn more about styles of pedagogy – potential trips this year include Reggio Emilia, Sweden and Iceland
- The opportunity to work for a week a year in beautiful Tuscany
- Competitive salaries
- Funded Level 3 Forest School Qualification
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development and in house training with leading names in the Early Childhood industry, such as Julie Fisher
- A fit, healthy, active job
- Discounts at our favourite outdoor retailers
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to join our exciting venture.
To learn more about what we do at Little Forest Folk, feel free to find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/littleforestfolk or try our website on www.littleforestfolk.com. Should you have any questions about the role, we'd love to hear from you!
Privacy notice for job applicants can be found on our website here: http://www.littleforestfolk.com/careers/Closing date: 22 June 2018
Vacancies at Early Education
Early Education has a wide range of volunteering roles. Our trustees and branch committee members are all volunteers. We also value volunteers to come and help from time to time in our office. If you can spare time on either a regular or ad hoc basis to come and help us achieve our aims, we'd love to hear from you.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you can offer expertise in any of the following areas:
- Assisting in the office - join our small friendly office team and help us with publications dispatch, membership liaison and events management. As a benefit, you may get opportunities to sit in on our training and events.
- Helping us develop our online resources - you could collate useful links and resources for practitioners and parents, act as an editor for blogs or book reviews
- Join a current branch committee, or start a new branch
Interested? Send us a quick email about your skills and experiences, and the kind of volunteering activity which would interest you to email@example.com
We have a rolling programme of recruitment for well-qualified and experienced trainers and consultants to join our team of Associates. If you might be interested, find out more about our existing team of Associates and details of how to apply.