Early Education provides the Secretariat to the APPG on nursery schools, nursery and reception classes.
You can also follow @APPG_Nursery on Twitter for updates.
19 October 2018: Read our pre-budget briefing for MPs and a report out today from seven Yorkshire and Lincolnshire maintained nursery schools on the "hidden benefits" of maintained nursery schools.
21 September 2018: A letter to Nadhim Zahawi and Liz Truss about funding for maintained nursery schools has been signed by a cross party group of 75 MPs - read the letter, read coverage in the Observer and the Independent and the response from Nadhim Zahawi.
Chair: Lucy Powell MP
Vice-Chair: William Wragg MP
Secretary: Jack Dromey MP
Treasurer: Jess Phillips MP
Wednesday 21 November 2018, 2-4pm, Committee Room 14, Palace of Westminster - Book your place now.
If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, please login (or create a free account), and tick "I wish to receive emails about Early Education campaigns" in the Subscriptions section of your account - or email us. Future meeting dates will be posted here in due course.
Papers from the meeting on Wednesday 4 July 2018
- Summary of the meeting
- Campaign pack
- Sample letter to MP
- Briefing on Maintained Nursery School funding
- Results of APPG survey on Maintained Nursery School funding
- Parent comment form - "How has our nursery school helped your child and family?"
- MPs joint letter to Nadhim Zahawi and Liz Truss
Papers from the meeting on Tuesday 24 April 2018
- Chair's briefing
- Briefing on the Treasury Select Committee report on childcare
- Summary of the meeting
- Workforce presentation from Jane Payler
- NAHT report on the 30 hours
- Presentation from pre-meeting event on federation and contractual collaboration
Papers from the meeting on 16 January 2018
- Summary of the meeting (PDF)
Papers from the meeting on Tuesday 10 October 2017
- Statement from the Minister, Robert Goodwill MP
- Presentation by Steve Wyler
- The Sutton Trust's report "Closing gaps early" by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro
- Lesley Curtis's presentation on Nursery School Teaching Schools
- Julian Grenier's paper "Collaborative quality improvement: the way forward for England's maintained nursery schools?"
Papers from previous APPG meetings
- Speech from Barbara Riddell on 27 June 2017
- Paper on academisation presented on 27 June 2017
- Briefing 24 January 2017
- Briefing November 2016
- Press release July 2016
- Briefing note from BWB on legal structures
- Press release May 2016
- Summary of meeting March 2016
A report from seven Yorkshire and Lincolnshire maintained nursery schools on the "hidden benefits" of maintained nursery schools.
Hidden Value: A report exploring the role and future of maintained nursery schools in London, London Councils, September 2018
State of the nation 2016: social mobility in Great Britain - report of the Social Mobility Commission, including commentary on the value of maintained nursery schools in supporting social mobility
Government plans will reallocate nursery funding from poorer to richer children – and no one seems to notice - blog by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro