Early Education provides the Secretariat to the APPG on nursery schools, nursery and reception classes.
You can also follow @APPG_Nursery on Twitter for updates.
19 October 2018: Read our pre-budget briefing for MPs and a report out today from seven Yorkshire and Lincolnshire maintained nursery schools on the "hidden benefits" of maintained nursery schools.
21 September 2018: A letter to Nadhim Zahawi and Liz Truss about funding for maintained nursery schools has been signed by a cross party group of 75 MPs - read the letter, read coverage in the Observer and the Independent and the response from Nadhim Zahawi.
Chair: Lucy Powell MP
Vice-Chair: William Wragg MP
Secretary: Jack Dromey MP
Treasurer: Jess Phillips MP
23 January 2018, 11am - AGM. The APPG will be holding a brief AGM to cover the necessary formalities including reappointing officers. There will be no external speakers at this meeting.
If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, please login (or create a free account), and tick "I wish to receive emails about Early Education campaigns" in the Subscriptions section of your account - or email us. Future meeting dates will be posted here in due course.
Papers from the meeting on Wednesday 21 November 2018
- Summary of meeting
- Letter to Nadhim Zahawi following the meeting
- Briefing on funding issues
- "What has our nursery school done for your child and family?" - a selection of comments from parents and carers
Papers from the meeting on Wednesday 4 July 2018
- Summary of the meeting
- Campaign pack
- Sample letter to MP
- Briefing on Maintained Nursery School funding
- Results of APPG survey on Maintained Nursery School funding
- Parent comment form - "How has our nursery school helped your child and family?"
- MPs joint letter to Nadhim Zahawi and Liz Truss
Papers from the meeting on Tuesday 24 April 2018
- Chair's briefing
- Briefing on the Treasury Select Committee report on childcare
- Summary of the meeting
- Workforce presentation from Jane Payler
- NAHT report on the 30 hours
- Presentation from pre-meeting event on federation and contractual collaboration
Papers from the meeting on 16 January 2018
- Summary of the meeting (PDF)
Papers from the meeting on Tuesday 10 October 2017
- Statement from the Minister, Robert Goodwill MP
- Presentation by Steve Wyler
- The Sutton Trust's report "Closing gaps early" by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro
- Lesley Curtis's presentation on Nursery School Teaching Schools
- Julian Grenier's paper "Collaborative quality improvement: the way forward for England's maintained nursery schools?"
Papers from previous APPG meetings
- Speech from Barbara Riddell on 27 June 2017
- Paper on academisation presented on 27 June 2017
- Briefing 24 January 2017
- Briefing November 2016
- Press release July 2016
- Briefing note from BWB on legal structures
- Press release May 2016
- Summary of meeting March 2016
A report from seven Yorkshire and Lincolnshire maintained nursery schools on the "hidden benefits" of maintained nursery schools.
Hidden Value: A report exploring the role and future of maintained nursery schools in London, London Councils, September 2018
State of the nation 2016: social mobility in Great Britain - report of the Social Mobility Commission, including commentary on the value of maintained nursery schools in supporting social mobility
Government plans will reallocate nursery funding from poorer to richer children – and no one seems to notice - blog by Kitty Stewart and Ludovica Gambaro