Course descriptionConcerns have been expressed that the expected trajectory for the development of young children’s communication and language skills has been impacted during the recent pandemic. This course takes a fresh look at how early years practitioners are in a prime position to identify where there might be gaps and support early communication and language skills effectively across the birth to 5 age range. The first of these two linked sessions will enable you to:
- understand the expected trajectory of language development of children from birth to 5;
- consider the link between children’s developing language skills and access to the wider early years curriculum;
- develop a range of pedagogic strategies to support the development of children’s communication and language skills in the early years setting.
- know what it means to take a responsive approach to supporting children’s language development through listening to children’s utterances;
- consider how children communicate through the use of non-verbal language skills, understanding what it is that they have to "say";
- develop a range of pedagogic strategies to support the holistic development of children’s communication and language skills in the early years setting.
The webinar will take place on the following dates and times:
Session 1: 14th October, 7pm-8.30pm
Session 2: 21st October, 7pm-8.30pm
A message from our partners, Cosy Direct
Cosy Direct are supporting this programme of training and would like to offer everyone a £10 voucher to spend on our website – to get this voucher, all you need to do is subscribe to our email newsletter. Don’t worry, we don’t spam our subscribers, you will receive some excellent content along with product information and educational content (and you can unsubscribe at any time).