You are here
Areas of expertise
Below is a list of titles that can be delivered as keynotes, talks or training sessions.
Jan's training days are discussed and negotiated to meet the need of the indvidual. To give an idea of the range of possibilities, the below list gives the titles of full day courses she has recently provided:
- Developing the Wonderful World of Den Play Outdoors
- Meeting the Developmental Movement Needs of Young Children: Creating a Movement-Rich Outdoor Environment
- Developing Exploration and Investigation in the Outdoor Environment
- Developing Imaginative and Creative Play in the Outdoor Environment
- An Enabling Environment Outdoors Through a Focus on Water Play
- Developing Quality Outdoor Learning: Outdoor Provision Across the Year
- Leading Change in Outdoor Provision and Practice
- Creating an Inspirational and Effective Outdoor Environment for Well-Being and Learning
- The Great Escape: Taking Learning Outdoors in the Early Years
- Effective Outdoor Provision for Children Under Three: Responding to the Needs of Two-Year-Olds
- Effective Outdoor Provision for Children Under Three: Exploring Outdoor Provision for One-Year-Olds
- Effective Outdoor Provision for Children Under Three: Supporting the Well-being & Development of Babies
- Exploring Appropriate Provision Outdoors for Babies, Toddlers and Two Year Olds
- Developing Rich Experiences for Mathematical Learning in the Outdoor Environment
Working across the UK and internationally, Jan is a leading thinker and writer on outdoor provision and advocate for high quality outdoor provision for services for children from birth to seven. With thirty years’ experience in education, she is currently an Early Education Founding Associate, adviser for several landscape and equipment companies, sits on the International Advisory Group of the World Forum on Early Education and Care, and teaches on the Masters programme at CREC (Birmingham City University).
Jan is award-winning author of:
- Playing and Learning Outdoors: making provision for high quality experiences in the outdoor environment with children 3-7
- Making a Mud Kitchen
- editor of Outdoor Provision in the Early Years
- collaborated with Siren Films to make the award-winning training DVDs Babies Outdoors, Toddlers Outdoors and Two Year-olds Outdoors
Jan's recently published book by Early Education, Every Child a Mover: practical guide to providing young children with the physical opportunities they need, was the winner of the Professional Books category at the Nursery World Awards 2016.
Book a course
To enquire about a course, please download and return the booking enquiry form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the terms and conditions on the second page
We recommend a lead-time of three months to book a course. Certain Associates may be booked up further ahead than that and certain dates, eg start of term, also get particularly booked up.