You are here
Areas of expertise
- Developing high quality provision for 0-3 year olds: Effective practice and appropriate provision
- Developing Key Person relationships in early years settings
- Young children’s personal, Social and Emotional development
- Emotional well-being: Strong teams
- Babies and toddlers: Play, development and learning from birth to three
- 2 year olds: Effective practice and appropriate provision
- Leading and managing early years settings
- Leading the 0-3s team
- Interpersonal and assertion skills
- Diversity and anti-bias practice
- Gender issues in the early years
- Working with lesbian and gay families
- Observing and understanding children’s development 0-6
- Physical development and movement play
- Brain development and early years practice
Julia’s career in the early childhood field has included roles as a practitioner (nursery nurse), manager, adviser and inspector across a range of settings for children aged 0-7 years and also as a senior lecturer in Early Childhood Studies. She is able to deliver training across all aspects of early childhood; tailored to your setting’s needs.
For much of her career, Julia’s particular interest and passion has been to support the development of effective practice and provision that meets the needs of children from birth to three years old; she has extensive experience and expertise in running courses in this area. In 2001 Julia produced the Key Times Framework (published by OUP in 2006) and was part of the Birth to Three Matters Project Group in 2002. Her most recent book in this area is Manning-Morton, J and Thorp, M. (2015) Two-year-olds in early years settings: Journeys of Discovery. Maidenhead: Open University Press.
Julia’s research and writing is also focused on the personal, social and emotional well-being of children and practitioners. She has trained in group dynamics and interpersonal skills and is particularly interested in working with leaders in supporting teams to meet the emotional needs of babies and young children.
Julia’s training approach is collaborative, inclusive, respectful and serious fun!
Julia is running the Key Times Level 4 Certificate in Developing Practice and Provision for 0-3 Year Olds starting in September 2017: please see our dedicated page for further information and to book a place.
You can purchase copies of her new book, Foundations of Being, on our website (published July 2017).
Book a course
To enquire about a course, please download and return the booking enquiry form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the terms and conditions on the second page
We recommend a lead-time of three months to book a course. Certain Associates may be booked up further ahead than that and certain dates, eg start of term, also get particularly booked up.