*Price - NB early bird discount is applied at the checkout if available
- Members £170, or with early bird discount (until 17 August 2017) £140
- Non-members £215, or with early bird discount (until 17 August 2017) £185
Book three training days at once, or three places on a course, and save £20 on each of them! To take advantage of this offer, add the three events to your basket, and use the coupon code: EEDISCOUNT3 - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
This one day training provides participants with a thorough introduction to treasure baskets and heuristic play. As well as taking part in hands-on practical activities, the theory and concepts behind this type of play will be shared, with reference to the work of educationalist, Elinor Goldschmied.
The session will include small group work, discussion and a visual presentation, as well as to DVD footage of treasure baskets and heuristic play in action. Information and ideas, and further reading and references will be provided, with links made to the revised EYFS and the characteristics of effective learning.
Aims of the session:
- Experience for yourself the difference between conventional toys and a range of multi-sensory materials.
- Learn how to make a treasure basket and heuristic play collection; what objects to include; the right age to introduce them and how to develop the ideas in your setting.
- Think about the important role of the adult and how you might share this knowledge with colleagues and parents.
- See inspiring ideas for different types of treasure baskets and creative ways to develop treasure baskets and heuristic play with older children and those with different needs.
* Please note
Birth to threes is the main focus for this training. It will also be of interest to those working with over threes, who wish to extend their knowledge about the importance of multi-sensory play.
You can view Anni's profile on her dedicated Associates page.